Rising Delaware music producer Wilmont A. releases a collaborative EP, entitled The illustration with Ockyimill. On the 9-track Hip-Hop project, the duo tells a visionary story and takes the listeners on an overseas adventure. On the track, “Piazza De Florance,” they rhymed about being in all black Maybach and living the life overseas. “The Burning House” tells a story about hating the house they grew up in because of the bad vibes and not having a father at home. On “New Rules” they rap about not rewriting lyrics, instead rewriting history and changing the rules in the game. Overall, the project is good and worth a listen.
- Name: Wilmont A.
- Age: 26
- Reppin: Newark, Delaware
- Who influenced you to produce music: My old band director Vincent Adkins. I took a Digital Music class at Thomas McKean High School and I learned the entire process of the music industry there. I also learned recording, producing the fundamentals of engineering, and production there.
- Who are some of your musical influences: Pete Rock, Black Milk, Kanye West, Ty Segall, Jack White, The Black Keys, Adrian Younge, Daft Punk, Justice, and Fela Kuti
- Standout records or moments have been: Recording my most recent project, illustration. I produced, mixed and mastered the entire EP. It was a huge accomplishment for me.
- What artists have you worked with: Ockyimill (Akeem Porter), B Smithsonian, Zilla Rocca and DE MC Unanimous.
- If you could work with any artist who would it be and why: Ty Segall and Justice (Dope sound is all I have to say).
- If you could sign a production deal with any label, what label it will be and why: Kanye West’s G.O.O.D. Music. He’s a great producer who uses his creative skills to elevate to the next level. In my opinion, he’s the hardest working producer to date.
- What projects are you currently working on: I can’t talk about it at the current moment but I promise the wait won’t be too long.
- Five years from now I will be: On top of my game. Doing what I enjoy.
Stream and download Wilmont A’s collaborative project, The illustration with Akeem Porter (Ockyimill) here:
Ockyimill “The illustration” official visual
Photos Credit: Wilmont A
Follow me @donbleek88